Contract position: A Mechanical Test Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the South San Francisco, CA area. This position will design novel mechanical test fixtures for implantable and wearable medical devices and manage their lifecycle: design, fabrication, assembly, maintenance, test, and documentation. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Plan design of experiments, author test protocols, and execute/coordinate testing and inspection efforts to characterize and verify design and manufacturing processes, with inputs from cross-functional development team.
- Accurately document and clearly communicate test results through formal reports in accordance with international medical device regulatory requirements.
- Drive failure analysis efforts and communicate findings to cross-functional development team.
- Bachelor's degree is required, but a Master's or PhD is preferred in either Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or Biomedical Engineering.
- At least 1 year of experience in a medical device product development field. Must have experience with product testing, analysis methodologies, and test documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.