Permanent position: Director of Controls Engineering is needed for a Client in the Newport News Virginia area. This is a growing organization that is an innovator in automated machinery. Salary will be based on experience. Responsibilities for the Director of Engineering
Requirements for the Director of Engineering
- This individual will be responsible for building and managing a team of Controls Engineers.
- The manager will also be heavily involved in setting up and developing Material Handling Systems.
- The team will be responsible for delivering fully functional and tested systems software to be used for on site installation.
- Travel to customer sites and assist in project management.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- Practical experience of software / electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation
- Experience in the management of subcontractors delivering electrical installations and control systems
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (EtherCAT, PROFINET, PROFIBUS, AS-i), AC drives
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.