Permanent position: Multi-national leader in the manufacture of automotive exhaust systems seeks a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER for its assembly operations located just outside of GREENVILLE, SC. The MANUFACTURING ENGINEER provides technical support for robotic and sheet metal welding processes, and troubleshoots and corrects welding related manufacturing problems. DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Develops techniques, procedures and applications of robotic welding equipment
- Serves as primary liaison with cross-function Product Development Teams providing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input for new products
- Design and implement processes using lean manufacturing principles to enable single piece flow in a pull system philosophy
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (or related field) with at least 3 years experience in robotic welding / assembly (preferably automotive) operations.
- Demonstrated experience with lean strategies and TPS based manufacturing.
- Tooling and project management exposure highly desired
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.