Contract position: A Project Manager is needed for a utility holding company in the Amarillo, TX area. This role is responsible for overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management for Electrical Transmission/Distribution Projects. No per diem available. This is an office based job.Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Prepare and produce project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation as guided by project or program manager. Independently manage and build project plan deliverables on smaller projects and contribute to larger projects.
- Provide tracking of large project plans. Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans. Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment.
- Assist with management of project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking. Support RFP and contract management processes.
- Review actuals versus planned budget during project life cycle to identify deviations, research reason for deviation and recommend corrective action. Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
- Develop solution design that encompasses the entire project scope, and secure all required approvals (internal, external, etc.). Develop viable work plans/WBS, milestone schedules, and project cost/benefit estimates.
- BS in Engineering, Construction, Business, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years' work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function within the Electrical Transmission/Distribution Utility Industry required.
- 3+ years' experience in Project Management in the Electric Transmission/Distribution Field required. Formal project management training preferred.
- Expert knowledge of MS Project, Excel, MS Word and Visio required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.