Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer for an Industrial Manufacturing company near of Elgin, IL. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for provides engineering leadership to manufacturing on production process enhancements and new process requirements for prototype products, as well as supporting production improvements through design and deployment of advanced manufacturing technologies. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Participates in product development projects within product groups as assigned by the management team, completing project objectives as outlined. Develops and authors process of record for sensitive prototypes, providing documentation and process control points as necessary.
- Develops and directs Lean initiatives utilizing 5S, SMED, Kanban and other Lean tools to maximize production processes and increase profitability. Leads projects for custom equipment design and fabrication as scheduled, including documentation of cost versus benefit analysis.
- Participates in FMEA and FA as required and provides assembly support related to manufacturing drawings
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3D modeling experience, ideally with Soliworks.
- Full benefit package including, PTO, Insurance, paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.