Permanent position: Electrical Controls Engineer needed for a client just outside of Indianapolis. Ideal candidates will demonstrate skills in electrical design, configuration, integration, and implementation of process controls. Salary will be based on experience.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Create discrete component to PLC based, HMI control designs to operate simple to complex mechanical systems.
- Write PLC software programs using Visual Basic and/or Ladder Logic
- Utilize AutoCad to develop panel layout, control schematics, ladder logic diagrams and P&ID prints.
- Specify testing requirements for control builder to ensure functionality prior to shipment to end customer
- Travel to customer locations throughout the world to perform troubleshooting, testing, commissioning, operating, and troubleshooting of fully integrated control systems.
- BS or AAS degree in EET, EE or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of proven experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens PLCs along with CTC, Panelview, or Siemens HMI's a plus.
- General knowledge of mechanical systems controlled by solenoid operated pneumatics, hydraulics, and motor controllers running fractional to 100+HP motors.
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCad and Visio. Ability and desire to travel up to 40%, including international.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.