Permanent position: Multi-national maker of automotive interior trim components seeks a QUALITY ENGINEER for its manufacuring facility located in SPARTANBURG, SC. The QUALITY ENGINEER supports the quality function with respect to volume, new products, and engineering change control, to include supplier selection and troubleshooting of quality and delivery issues. KEYWORDS: IATF / 8D / PPAPResponsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Oversees quality assurance of all direct material including process assessment; process control plans; PFMEAs; inspection plans; and statistical data.
- Assists with supplier quality performance monitoring, reporting, and corrective actions
- Responsible for PPAP coordination of direct vendor material, and review and disposition of supplier PPAPs
- Oversight of quality control throughout the entire value stream associated with new production including process layout and flow, statistical control, and poka yokes
- BS degree in business or technical field
- 5 plus years experience as a Quality Engineer in an automotive parts manufacturing facility (exposure to injection molding highly desired)
- Solid proficiency with quality system tools, to include APQP, PPAP, FMEA,, IATF, 8D, control plans, etc. (Toyota Production Systems experience highly desired)
- The company includes a competetive benefits package to include relocation assistance and bonus plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.