Contract position: Mechanical Engineer located near Pensacola, FL for a leading chemical manufacturer used in various commercial and industrial products. This role is the technical resource accountable for the detailed mechanical designs on assigned projects within the Capital Engineering organization. To be considered - B.S in Mechanical Engineer with at least five (5) years of mechanical design experience. Candidates with experience from a heavy industrial environment is preferred (chemical, paper, steel, construction, EPC). This is a temporary to permanent opportunity to join a growing organization. Relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Technical resource accountable for the detailed mechanical designs on assigned projects within the Capital Engineering organization.
- Develop and/or review designs and installations to ensure correctness and compliance
- Accountable for mechanical reviews and evaluates the technical correctness of designs and installations
- Participate in the development of construction bid packages
- Defines specifications for budgetary quotes / estimates related to equipment and designs
- Assemble detailed construction bid packages for mechanical execution
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Must have at least five (5) years of mechanical experience within a manufacturing or construction environment
- Experience from a heavy industrial environment is preferred (chemical, paper, steel, construction, EPC).
- Developing cost estimates / scopes consistent with the stage gate phases
- Piping system design and equipment layout experience
- Contractor benefits plan
- PTO plan
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.