Contract position: An Electrical Designer is needed for an industry-leading utility company in the Roanoke, VA area. This role is responsible for preparation, development and coordination of maps, sketches, diagrams and other engineering related drawings in 2D/3D. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed. Assist responsible engineer with development of documentation to support project decision making.
- Assist and prepare station layouts and detailed design drawings. Create bills of material and submit requisitions for the procurement of the project equipment.
- Coordinate information and design across a multi-disciplinary team to ensure deliverables are compliant with project expectations.
- Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work. These might include Voltage drop and cable sizing, Conduit fill calculations, Oil containment sizing.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software and Microsoft Office software required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.