Permanent position: Controls Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 45 minutes South of the Birmingham, AL area. Client is looking for someone that can manage controls related projects through the full life cycle to include maintenance, troubleshooting, and training personnel at all levels. Great benefits and relocation is available.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Manages controls related project activities to include maintenance and troubleshooting
- Design PLC, HMI, instrumentation and electrical systems and applications for cost effective plant operations.
- Develop projects to improve plant operation and efficiency
- Provides training of plant personnel for controls related systems and technology
- Help manage outside contractors and internal personnel for controls related project work
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Approximately 7 or more years of experience designing and implementing controls systems in a manufacturing environment
- Siemens PLC and HMI software experience desired (will consider other PLC and HMI systems)
- Excellent communication skills at all levels are a must for this position
- ERP system experience, ideally SAP is desired
- Experience and/or knowledge of power distribution systems would be helpful
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD layout and drafting is helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.