Permanent position: Immediate direct hire opportunity for a maintenance mechanic at a manufacturing plant in St. Joseph, MO. This person will work a regular schedule Monday through Friday. Candidates must pass a pre-entry test which includes basic arithmetic and a mechanical aptitude test.Responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician
Requirements for the Maintenance Technician
- Inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust and maintain all mechanical equipment
- Perform minimal building repairs including the repairs on overhead doors
- Weld cast iron and a variety of mild steels
- Read simple sketches or prints for troubleshooting purposes
- Use sketches and prints to lay out materials to make structural steel fabrications
- Capable of operating any size fork truck
- With minimal training, be capable of using any of the motorized man lifts
- Have a basic knowledge of automotive and fork lift repair
- 3+ years of experience or technical training
- Must be able to pass the pre-entry tests (basic arithmetic and mechanical aptitude test)
- Must be able to work weekends and off-shifts if necessary
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.