Permanent position: Senior Molding Automation Engineer needed for a full-time opportunity in the Scottsville, NY area. The Senior Molding Automation Engineer will be responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of precision injection molding and automation processes. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Lead quality, cost and capacity improvement projects for injection molding and associated process automation.
- Apply scientific molding principles and technical problem solving to implement solutions that are verified and validated for medical device manufacturing.
- Work closely with tool room, maintenance and suppliers to assure all equipment, molds and tooling are monitored and maintained appropriately.
- Investigate major process or equipment failures to determine root cause, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- BS in Plastics, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 7 years of manufacturing experience with injection molding and precision automation.
- Scientific Injection Molding, Netstal and Engel injection molding machines, mold/tooling design and maintenance.
- Experience with PLCs (Allen Bradly) and Robots (Staubli).
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.