Permanent position: International electronics company in Rohnert Park California is looking for an experience Cable Assembly Project Engineer. Company has been in America for over 30 years specializing in cables and connectors. Industry leader with contracts with Disney, Apple, etc. Relocation available.Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Develops competitive, engineered cable assembly solutions. Typically, these include connectors employing electrical, fiber optic, and pneumatic connections, plus harness assemblies, box builds, integration of electronics and filtering into connection systems.
- Provide guidance to the assembly team
- Provide technical support on new products, customer applications, tooling and manufacturing issues.
- Develop test and inspection plans.
- Familiarity with quality tools including: Six Sigma, DFM, Design/Process Failure Mode Analysis
- BSME or extensive (15+ yrs) experience in interconnect or cable assembly operation with demonstrated success.
- 5 years minimum experience with degree.
- Ability to select cable components, including appropriate wire, shielding and connector types to meet signal integrity and EMI/EMC requirements.
- Experience leading failure analysis and corrective action activities through use of FMEA, DFx, and problem solving tools.
- Knowledge of IPC 610/620 standards as well as ISO13485 for the design, fabrication, procurement, and test of cables.
- Must be able to apply mechanical engineering principles to create new product concepts, detailed designs, and modifications of mechanical and electro-mechanical components or systems
- Small annual bonus
- 15+ days of PTO -> company shuts down for Christmas as well
- Relocation available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.