Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer in Chicago, IL. This person will service, maintain, repair, install, troubleshoot etc... various automated equipment used for retrieval and sorting of various medical, pharmaceutical, warehouse, and manufacturing products. This position an hourly role, with time and 1/2 for overtime and is expected to travel 60-75% of the time and you can work 500-1000+ hours of overtime if you would like. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience but would likely be in the 24-27/hr range. (with pay for time in transit) Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Responsible for servicing, maintaining and repairing installed equipment in hospital pharmacies, warehouses, manufacturing environments, and conveying equipment at various sites in the USA. (industrial machinery and automated equipment on-site or remotely.)
- Troubleshooting, testing, debugging, and installing PLCs; test and debugs servo controlled programs, electrical wiring, HMIs, etc..
- On-site Predictive Maintenance Inspections using measurement and testing devices.; demonstrations of the machines HMIs, machine operations and maintenance schedules, as training the customer at machine acceptance, as required.
- Troubleshoots electrical controls using 24VDC PLC, encoders, sensors, and relays; Understands electric motors and inverter drives
- High School Diploma, Technical School, Trade School or Military School.
- 3+ years of capital equipment service technician experience strongly desired and/or Mechanical and electronic trouble-shooting experience.
- Ability to use common test equipment such as a multi meter and ammeter is mandatory
- Ability to read electrical wiring schematics; understands the fundamentals of serial communications
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K with Employer Match
- 1.5 x Salary for Life Insurance & AD&D. STD & LTD.
- Paid Vacations and Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.