Contract position: A global aerospace manufacturing organization is looking for a Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer near Windsor Locks, CT. This position will be responsible for determining mechanical manufacturing methods for (SLS) hardware and ensuring that the processes are available. This is a contract position expected to last 6-12 months with the possibility for extension. No per diem is available at this time, so only local candidates or those willing to relocate themselves are being considered. Qualifed candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and a minimum of 10+ years of experience in the manufacture of complex mechanical systems.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Create manufacturing assembly documentation, concepts tools, provide technical assistance, in order to assemble high quality, highly engineered hardware for space applications
- Perform cost estimates, work to schedules, and write procedures and policies
- Support failure investigations, determine root cause of failure, and implement corrective actions and disposition of non-conforming hardware, all in support of continuous improvement initiatives
- Review drawings and concepts and resolve producibility concerns
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing facility as well as to the external suppliers
- BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (MBA or advanced Engineering degree is a plus)
- Experience working on the manufacture of complex mechanical systems., including the manufacturing of components such as heat exchangers, pumps, fans and accumulators.
- Familiarity with a modeling and/or design package such as ProE, Creo, or CAD
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, machining concepts and special processing, such as welding and brazing
- Health Insurance available
- PTO program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.