Contract position: Client involved in Oil & Gas plant & pipeline engineering & construction projects is looking for an Instrumentation & Electrica (I&E) Designer for a long term contract opportunity. You need 2-15+ years of experience as an I&E Designer supporting a mix of heavy industrial (oil & gas, chemicals, power gen, etc...) EPC projects. Client is located in Brea, CA and is looking for local candidates.Responsibilities for the I&C Designer
Requirements for the I&C Designer
- You will be part of the engineering team working on instrumentation & electrical systems design for gas plant & gas transmission pipeline projects
- Prepare I&E designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with industry and/or client established design practices, standards, and procedures
- Prepare construction deliverables like panel/building layouts, cable schedule, installation details, instrument index, instrument location plans, loop diagrams, and wiring/termination diagrams
- Conduct quality reviews (design checking) for I&E deliverables
- Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, and detailers/designers.
- 2-15+ years of experience as an I&E Designer supporting heavy industrial (oil & gas, refinery, process plant, pipelines, etc...) EPC projects
- Our client prefers that you have an AS degree or equivalent experience
- You need specific experience preparing construction deliverables like panel/building layouts, cable schedule, installation details, instrument index, instrument location plans, loop diagrams, and wiring/termination diagrams
- You need to be very experienced in using 2D AutoCAD software
- You need some experience with a 3D CAD software...ideally CADWorx but the client will also consider candidates with AutoCAD 3D, MicroStation, or a comparable 3D package
- Knowledgeable in reading other discipline drawings and vendor/supplier drawings
- Any specific experience on gas pipeline projects (compressor stations, storage terminals, etc...) would be a big PLUS
- 401k plan
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.