Permanent position: National Engineering firm focusing on custom-engineered structural steel building systems is seeking a Structural Engineer for their facility in southwest Arkansas. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Structural Engineer or Civil Engineer with a Structural focus. Relocation assistance may be offered for the right candidate. Responsibilities for the Structural Engineer
Requirements for the Structural Engineer
- Design Joists, Joist Girders, Specialty Trusses and Steel Decking according to Steel Joist Institute and Steel Deck Institute standards.
- Roof/floor designs for projects ranging from Retail Buildings, Schools, Churches, Warehouses, etc.
- Design structural steel and connections to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide engineering direction to drafting, sales, customer service, and production departments.
- Interpret contract documents and communicate with Architects/ Engineers of Record (EOR) /Steel Fabricators/ General Contractors on product design requirements.
- Provide analysis and modification direction for as built product and field changes to Erectors, Steel Fabricators, and EOR's.
- Become conversant in AISC, AISI, SJI, and SDI codes and specs.
- B.S. in Civil Engineer with a focus on Structural Engineering or B.S. in Structural Engineering
- M.S. in Structural Engineering is a PLUS, but not required
- E.I.T. Certification and experience in the steel or construction industry is a plus.
- Strong comprehensive company sponsored benefits
- Profit Sharing program
- Incentive Bonuses
- 401K with company match
- Company stock based incentives
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.