Permanent position: Manufacturing Engineering Manager near Buford, GA at a leading manufacturer of industrial equipment. The position is responsible for directing all manufacturing phases of assembly, fabrication, and machining with emphasis on safety, quality, and cost effectiveness to meet customer expectations. Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years' of Manufacturing management experience within a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment. This is a direct hire opportunity with a fast paced and growing company. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Manager
Requirements for the Manufacturing Manager
- Plan, organize, and direct the manufacturing operations to ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the manufacturing team supports corporate strategic initiatives.
- Develops and maintains production schedules to achieve sales commitments through efficient use of materials, equipment, and employees
- Generate and forecast manufacturing departmental budget requirements
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Coach, counsel, train, discipline and maintain a safe and productive work environment
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Technology, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline
- Must have at least five (5) years' of management experience within a related custom manufacturing environment (Prefer high mix/low volume environment)
- Experience within a mechanical assembly, fabrication, machining or related environment
- Operational Excellence (op-ex) experience (Lean/Six Sigma exposure)
- Experience managing multiple shifts is required
- Full benefits plan
- PTO / Vacation plan
- Growth opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.