Permanent position: We are searching for two Software Engineers, one of which is a Software Certification Engineer, to work for an aerospace/avionics company in Wichita, KS on a direct hire basis. Some of the responsibilities below will apply to one of the openings but not the other. Please apply for more information. This position provides relocation assistance.Responsibilities for the Software Engineer
Requirements for the Software Engineer
- Support, adhere to, and promote company, department, and safety policy, procedures, and direction
- Design embedded software for microcontroller-based systems, as well as PC-based applications for manufacturing and ground support
- Create and review design data within the software qualification lifecycle process. Practice safety-critical methods, create plans, requirements, design standards, coding standards, change tracking and verification, formal and functional verification.
- Test and troubleshoot prototype and certified code on target hardware. Includes working in a lab bench environment with the necessary test equipment.
- Prototype and execute test programs to verify compliance with applicable performance, regulatory, and quality requirements
- Build and troubleshoot hardware, including basic soldering, operation of test equipment, and daily work in both office and test lab environments
- Required Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science from accredited university OR three years of relevant experience
- Experience designing embedded software is required
- Preferred experience designing safety-critical software, utilizing RTCA DO-178, DO-254 or similar safety-critical design processes
- Required proficiency in C, especially for embedded systems
- Required ability to work directly with target hardware, including lab bench equipment and other tools for debugging and analysis
- Preferred familiarity with FPGA or PLD components and VHDL or Verilog
- Preferred experience designing or troubleshooting PCB system hardware
- Excellent benefits, PTO & 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.