Permanent position: Tooling Engineer needed for a rapidly growing company located in Northern, IL. In this role you will manage complex injection molding tooling projects from concept to completion for Medical and Consumer Products. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in a great culture.Responsibilities for the Tool Engineer
Requirements for the Tool Engineer
- Manage large injection mold tooling projects
- Coordinate with other team members as needed during mold qualification, sampling and final part approval
- Involvement in troubleshooting issues with production molds
- Coordinate implementation of cost effective tool design changes
- Involvement in DFM/FMEA activities both internally and with customers
- BS Degree Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in plastic injection mold manufacturing
- Experience in qualification of complex, high cavitation, tight tolerance injection molds
- Knowledge of the regulatory and cGMP regulations for medical device manufacturing operations, and validation procedures and practices
- Experience with customer complaint handling process, perform root cause analysis based on 8-D's using 5-Why, Fishbone Diagram, etc.
- Injection Molding experience required.
- Very competitive benefits package available
- Local candidates preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.