Permanent position: Specialty drainage systems company is seeking a Lead CAD Technician in the Columbus, OH area. Qualified candidates will have CAD experience in civil engineering, experience with AutoCAD and possibly Inventor (a plus) and experience interacting with clients and coordinating work. This position supports the Engineering Product Managers and Sales teams across the US and is responsible for layout of specialty systems and preparation of drawings and details. Additional qualifications and responsibilities detailed below. Excellent company culture and work environment. Responsibilities for the Cad Manager
Requirements for the Cad Manager
- Layout of pipe systems given site specific constraints
- Communication with customers and vendors including troubleshooting issues
- Some oversight of CAD technician team
- Preparation of drawings and details
- Integration of other products and systems into the system design
- Assist with preparation of materials estimates for the sales teams.
- Project management and data entry in company database
- 5-10 years of CAD drafting/detailing for civil engineering projects
- 2 year technical degree in Computer Aided Drafting preferred, or Associates in Civil Engineering.
- Some experience leading teams or overseeing CAD work and interacting with clients
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Must be willing to communicate internally and externally via phone, e-mail etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD required; Experience with Inventor a plus
- Medical, Dental, PTO, 401k
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.