Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire a Electro-Optics Engineer for their new facility in the Boston, MA area. This Electro-Optics Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and analyze electro-optical sensors and other kinds of sensors for new and existing products. This is a direct hire position and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Optics Engineer
Requirements for the Optics Engineer
- Design, develop and analyze electro-optical sensors and other kinds of sensor for new/existing products.
- Evaluate changes and deviations of existing products.
- Maintain existing product documentation through E CAD and other engineering software while generating basic reports.
- Create test protocols, test parts, and create test fixtures.
- Research new sensing techniques.
- Design tests and implement to test incoming elements and components for production of new/existing products.
- Guide the work of technicians.
- Bachelors Degree in Physics/Optics, preference to also have a minor in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in optical sensor design, in various sensing environments.
- Understanding of and experience implementing multiple sensory techniques including ultrasound sensing and image sensing techniques.
- Working experience with sensor data processing and its algorithm design.
- Capable of using MATLAB or similar platform to prove algorithm design.
- Hands-on experience in prototype, product development/deployment and debugging.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx Coverage, Life, Dependent Life, Long term, Employer Match 401K, PTO, Wellness Programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.