Permanent position: Our client in Monrovia, CA is looking for a Systems Engineer who will complete detail design work on semi-custom manufacturing systems and act as project leader for a project team following the ISO 9001 quality management system. As project leader, the Systems Engineer will coordinate activities of the project design team and production personnel, and also be the point of contact for communication with the customer. Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- Pre-sale conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of semi-automated industrial laser processingworkstations
- Conceptual design with assistance from others includes: cycle time estimate, mechanical layout of workstation,tooling concept, block diagram of electronic controls, and flowchart of overall man-machine interaction andmachine functions.
- Cost estimation includes estimation of NRE, RE, assembly, testing and materials.
- Project schedule development using critical path method covering all tasks from PO to shipment includingthose for which others are responsible for performing.
- Prepare, schedule and conduct design reviews with customer, engineering and operations.
- Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1+ years of experience designing or specifying motion control components, tooling, fixtures, and otherperipherals, as found in industrial automation systems preferred
- 1+ years of experience in the design and validation of precision motion systems, motion control equipment,and motion stage integration preferred.
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following areas is preferredo Precision mechanical motion stageso Machine controls and automation integrationo Industrial laser applications in automation applications
- Experience with design and documentation tools including SolidWorks, Visio, Excel, Word
- Generous company benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.