Permanent position: A Signaling Engineering Site Lead is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Chicago, IL area. This role will be responsible for coordination of Signal Engineering activities from the local project office. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- In this role you will interface directly with the Customer Representatives and Site Project Teams to ensure that the Signalling System Design meets the operational needs of the customer throughout the project life cycle by evaluating design trade-offs, balancing technical risk, defining and assessing migration strategy, keeping close coordination with design, verification and validation activities and with project deployment activities, in line with the System / Subsystem Schedule.
- You will lead the Signal Engineering team to provide technical solutions to the specific needs expressed by the customer.
- Develop the Signaling Migration Strategy, including phasing and integration plans. Apply the system engineering processes to drive design decisions that will minimize system downtime during deployment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or High School Diploma/GED with Advanced Electronics Degree or Military Training.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Signaling Engineering domain with demonstrated proficiency in principles design, verification, operations planning, and commissioning in the rail/transit signaling domain.
- 3+ years of experience in a Signaling Consulting role preferred. Membership in technical committees such as AREMA, APTA, IRSC, INCOSE preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.