Permanent position: A Controls Engineer with Factory Automation, PLC programming and SCADA experience is needed near Winton, NC (approx 30 miles south of Suffolk, VA). The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year experience working hands-on with automation machinery used to sand blast and paint sheets of steel. Must be able to utilize hand tools, work safely with saw motors, and program PLC's. 1st shift 7 am - 3:30 pm. Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Support, design, code and test industrial automation equipment using PLC and SCADA
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial automation equipment.
- Supporting projects for automation, adding to existing systems, improving or changing systems to improve functionality.
- Must have experience with industrial automation machinery and equipment.
- Must have ability to program using PLC and SCADA
- SQL Servier, Indusoft IWS SCADA, VIPA / Siemens PLC, Fanuc Robot programming and support, LAN troubleshooting are a plus.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or at least 5 years on the job experience.
- 1st shift, salary position .
- Company sponsored benefits - Medical, Dental, Life, 401k
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.