Contract position: We are searching for a Buyer in Greenwood, SC to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last six months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Plan and provide, at minimum costs, the necessary materials to manufacture saleable products.
- Negotiate for and procure a variety of assigned commodities including those which are a non-standard or of a technical nature.
- Support the timely availability and procurement of required materials within the current inventory guidelines by placing POs on time and expediting delivery.
- Implement controls to follow up purchase order, issue change notices, and catalog suppliers' prices and quotations in an efficient manner.
- Request and analyze bids and approve suppliers.
- Coordinate communication between engineering, operating departments and suppliers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Material Planning, Business Administration or similar.
- 3+ years of experience as a Buyer within a manufacturing environment
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.