Permanent position: Design Supervisor - Division of fortune 200 company. Assist the company sales and profit efforts by directing and supervising the overall activities of the Design Group. Control and supervise all necessary processes to ensure that designs meet or exceed all applicable specification and standards to guarantee our customers safe and functional buildings and that all interests of our customers and the Corporation are always maintained. Relocation assistance available. Civil Engineering and PE required. Metal Buildings experience highly desired. Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- With guidance from the Engineering Manager, the Design Supervisor is the primary individual responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement teammate training and personal improvement programs as well as provide performance appraisals andrecommend compensation adjustments based on performance.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and accountability to the Design Group.
- Develop and maintain current design policies, procedures and practices.
- Develop and manage realistic department staffing requirements, expenditures for supplies and equipment and wage increases foremployees.
- Coordinate recruiting and interviews for additions to the Design Group and make hiring recommendations.
- Prior experience in the design of metal building systems highly desired
- A minimum of a B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- P.E. registration is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of engineering design experience in a construction-related field, particularly buildings.
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of how a company makes money.
- Strong aptitude for managing multiple tasks and assignments.
- The ability to conceptualize, implement and follow through on ideas for greater department efficiency and accuracy.
- excellent benefits. relo offered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.