Permanent position: Product Development Engineer needed for a client located just east of Harrisburg Pennsylvania. This position is responsible for the creation of new or improved designs and drawings for new and existing products. The engineer will use nationally accepted design criteria and practices during development phases. This individual will work indirectly with senior management in the creation of processes and procedures to increase overall efficiency and throughput of the company products. He/she will be first point of contact for engineering related questions from other departments including mechanical and application-based designs. Salary will be based on experience.Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Responsible for performing engineering tasks in design, development, prototype fabrication, product testing support, and value engineering relative to production of new products and modification of existing ones.
- Serves as a leader in the engineering department and oversee the daily activities of the other engineers in the department.
- Leads and completes designs for customer requested projects and ensure that designs meet structural, MEP and architectural requirements by using accepted design calculations and analysis programs.
- Works effectively with outside engineering firms through the design and documentation of projects
- Assists Director of Engineering in reporting on, or creating reports for, projects that are in process.
- Researches and interprets building codes as related to pool installation throughout the country and ensure that all designs meet or exceed requirements.
- BS Degree-Mechanical Engineering. 7-10 years' experience in mechanical design, analysis and testing
- Possess both basic and advanced engineering skills that include structural design and analysis including FEA and has a basic understanding of construction codes and processes
- Excellent understanding of product manufacturing processes
- Microsoft Office and 3D CAD (Solidworks, Inventor, Onshape) software experience is highly valued
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.