Contract position: A Quality Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Glendale, AZ area. This position will develop, modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. No per diem is available. No travel is anticipated. 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Responsibilities for the Quality Technician
Requirements for the Quality Technician
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Conduct quality assurance tests and perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Associate's degree with relevant engineering experience. Must be familiar with following inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, plug gages, and thread gages.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and GD&T. Ability to complete first articles based on the ballooned drawings using measurement methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.