Permanent position: Quality Systems Manager, Reno, NV - Reporting to the VP of Operations, this manager will develop, implement and maintain a standardized quality system for both US manufacturing plants. Achieve a single ISO and NADCAP certifications for both sites. Collaborate with headquarters in Germany and benchmark best in class quality cultures to establish best practices that will distinguish their products from competitors. BA or BS degree. Relocation package offered. Responsibilities for the Quality Manager
Requirements for the Quality Manager
- Lead audit of various manufacturing processes against control/quality plansPerformance of Quality System internal audits.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to quality, process development, manufacturing, and ISO compliance by establishing procedures and quality plans for achieving reliability in accordance with specification and procedures.
- Develop, implement and maintain a quality system that is employed by both both US mfg plants
- Achieve an ISO certification for VDM Metals sites as one entity
- Regular communication and collaboration with colleagues in on east coast and in Europe.
- 4 year degree
- ASQ quality certification(s) desired
- 3+ years manufacturing experience. prefer aerospace, automotive, superalloys
- 3+ years of quality systems management experience in manufacturing
- Supervision experience desired but not required
- Experience achieving or maintaining ISO certification, AS9001 preferred
- Effective communication and collaboration skills at all levels
- Internal auditing experience
- Willingness to travel 10%
- Relocation package offered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.