Contract position: A Vehicle Technician is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Atwater, CA area. This position will maintain and assure safe and reliable performance of test vehicles and conduct vehicle level tests in accordance with test procedures. No per diem available. Up to 25% travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Run vehicle level tests including test preparation, detailed inspections, maintenance and component retrofits.
- Support test activities including designing & building test structures. Troubleshoot and solve automotive, mechanical and electrical issues using diagnostic equipment.
- Communicate with test drivers and Engineering, maintain detailed test notes on test issues, anomalies, general test and environmental conditions. Root cause and communicate / report issues via detailed verbal and written updates.
- A two-year technical or automotive degree is preferred with at least 3 years of experience as a vehicle engineering or service technician.
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles, including experience with EVs / hybrids.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.