Contract position: Global leader in the medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing industry has an immediate need for Maintenance Technician in Opelika AL. This position is an integral part of a team that will operate and maintain the ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes for the facility. Looking to fill ASAP. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician
Requirements for the Maintenance Technician
- Daily operation, repair and preventive maintenance of the following: - Feed systems including filtering and tank management - Ultra-filtration - Distillation process for water and NMP recovery - Handling of NMP and UF waste streams - Dissolving operations for polymer and center solutions
- Operates ultra-filtration, distillation and dissolving processes. Dissolving involves the loading of raw materials by vacuum transfer, mixing and preparing the polymer for use by production. Ultra-filtration and distillation are the recovery processes to recover and reuse the solvent NMP in our Production process.
- Performs preventive, predictive and calibration tasks assigned as SAP work orders and performs periodic maintenance according to written instructions. All results are logged and filed as a permanent record.
- Performs general maintenance and repair activities as required. Unplanned breakdown or repair activities are captured as an unplanned SAP work order and issued. The results are logged and filed as a permanent record
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 year degree- Plant Maintenance Technician or equivalent preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting experience utilizing a multi-meter and test devices
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.