Permanent position: Process Metallurgist - Specialty steel manufacturer seeks to hire a Process Metallurgist for their long products rolling and finishing mill. The successful candidate will have work experience in a steel mill. This is a hands on role supporting operations and leading continuous improvement initiates that will increase quality, reduce cost and produce in a safe manner. Relocation assistance available. Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- The role of the Process Engineer will be to work with the Team on Safety, Quality, Production and Cost improvements throughout the mill.
- The Process Engineer will work collaboratively with the team to refine our process and reach team goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer competency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- High levels of motivation, organization, and ability to work as part of a team
- Desire and ability to help lead change
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Preferences below:
- Prior experience working with Nickel Base Super Alloys or Titanium Alloys
- Experience forging or hot working of specialty metals
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.