Contract position: A Technical Writer for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Corning, NY area. This position is responsible for creating, auditing and updating various types of documents in support of the Laboratory Services Management & Engineering (LSME) operations. No per diem is available. Some travel is anticipated. 1st shift.Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Develop and maintain relationships with both the owners and users of the documentation that supports LSME Operations as well as the S&T Organization.
- Observe the technical processes of Pollution Abatement and creating documentation that will support the operation of the equipment and the sustainability of the process.
- Support and ensure departmental compliance to the Department of Archives and Record Management (DARM) policies as well as retention procedures and standards.
- Associate's degree in a technical field with at least 1 year of technical writing experience.
- Knowledge of SharePoint & Box. Prefer knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and project management processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.