Permanent position: A prominent provider of maritime solutions is seeking a Sr Mechanical Engineer for the San Diego area. The Mechanical Engineer will design mechanical and electromechanical systems and equipment for maritime applications. The Engineer will work out of a temperature controlled office location, and will occasionally meet project manager at the shipyard. The candidate should come out of the maritime industry. This role is open due to growth, and is an immediate need. The company wants to hire someone to work on an exciting project for the Navy, and then retain this person for long term growth. The company will pay full relocation and the role is salaried at well over $100K range and includes bonuses. Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Design mechanical and electromechanical systems by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, and heat transfer
- Develop satisfactory design and acceptance of mechanical and electromechanical systems through submittals, design reviews, material procurement, installation, commissioning and delivery
- Review system specs and data
- Assist in shipboard installation, commissioning, and turnover of distributed systems and equipment
- Design equipment modifications to improve safety, reliability, and performance
- BS in Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the Maritime industry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.