Permanent position: Product Metallurgist: This position will work with the sales group and customers to ensure a thorough understanding of customer requirements; will ensure that produced coils meet the customer specifications that were ordered; and will assist in the planning, development, and coordination for new products and product trials. Additional responsibilities listed below. BS Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering required. Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- In addition, this position may lead or assist in investigations of internally downgraded material or customer claimed material.
- This position is based in the plant but may require travel for training and/or customer visits.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- BS Materials Science and Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in metals manufacturing
- Experience with dispositioning steel highly desired
- Excellent communication skills required. written and verbal.
- Experience as an Internal Lead Auditor
- Familiarity with IATF16949 or ISO 9001
- Experience with statistical analysis and data queries
- Excellent compensation package including base, bonus, profit sharing and restricted stock units.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.