Permanent position: Maintenance Supervisor - Day Shift: Directs the work of up to 25 craft workers on a daily basis. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Monday- Friday, occasional weekends. Mechanical focus - field experience, not a desk job. Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, motor controls, conveyor systems, machine shop practices. Degree preferred but not required. Responsibilities for the Maintenance Supervisor
Requirements for the Maintenance Supervisor
- Directs the work of up to 25 craft workers on a daily basis. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures team members maintain compliance with all site and company Health, Safety and Environmental (HES) rules, policies and procedures. Functions as a champion for safety.
- Monitors and directs maintenance work activities, providing continual field support to craft personnel, frequently engaging and interacting with team members at direct work locations to ensure work is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- - Performs post-work job-site review to ensure the job site is left in an acceptable condition.
- Trains and coaches personnel in efficient work procedures, safe work practices, and good housekeeping practices. Coaches and encourages development and growth of skills and abilities.
- Assists in evaluating the efficiency of work procedures, manpower and equipment utilization and cost control measures.
- Administers the maintenance craft scheduling process (including overtime process) as dictated by the collective bargaining agreement (CBA), ensuring proper staffing of maintenance personnel within requirements established by contract and as directed by plant leadership.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience / contractor management is preferred.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Experience with a CMMS system required. Maximo system experience preferred.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, motor controls, conveyor systems, machine shop practices, and other industrial maintenance skills. Ability to read schematics and blue prints.
- Bonus Eligible
- Excellent benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.