Permanent position: Technical Services Engineer -Fort Wayne, IN. Fortune 400 company. This engineer is 1 of 3 Tech Services Engineers who will travel 30-50% to investigate product non-conformance issues at client sites, problem solve, analyze data and recommend corrective action steps to production and/or clients. Strong problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills are essential for success. BS Material Science or Metallurgical Engineering required. Base salary plus up to 30% bonus, Total comp to 100-120. Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- Metallurgical investigations and product claims
- Travel to customer locations to gather data, conduct root cause analysis
- BS Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering required
- 3+ years experience as a Process Metallurgist, Product Metallurgist or a Tech Services or Quality Metallurgist.
- Open to 30-50% overnight travel
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analysis skills and experience in a dynamic environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Base salary, bonus, profit sharing, RSUs
- Moving package available
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.