Permanent position: Mechanical Engineer, Ft Wayne, IN - Premier steel manufacturer seeks to hire a Mechanical Engineer to lead maintenance, capital projects and continuous improvement initiatives in the Holl Mill area. Reporting to the Hot Mill Manager the successful candidate will be a BSME or BSMET or have heavy techical experience from the Navy or Army or other branch of the military. This company promotes from within. The Hot Mill Manager was recently promoted to this position from the Mechanical Engineer role. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Own responsibility for all maintenance and project related work in the Hot Mill area.
- Project planning, equipment reliability, Maintenance parts purchasing
- Direct activities of Maintenance Techs and Contractors
- Bachelors of Science, Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 4+ years experience leading maintenance planning and project management in a steel mill, Aluminum, Foundry, paper mill or other heavy manufacturing plant
- Must be highly organized and thorough in planning and execution
- Experience with mfg processes like melting, rolling, ingots, induction furnaces, casting, finishing etc. -highly desired
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and accomplishments
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.