Permanent position: Automation & Controls Engineer: Fortune 200 steel producer - greenfield plant under construction. The role of the Automation & Controls Lv1 is primarily two fold. First, to be a great team member who demonstrates high levels of ownership in everything they do. Second is to ensure the success of the team by SAFELY commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving the automation, control, systems utilized to operate our new mill. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving the automation & control equipment and systems
- Successful candidates will be expected to work with the Operations, Maintenance, and Finance teams to propose and implement solutions to challenges in the steel making process and business.
- 2 years of Industrial Automation & Control experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Demonstrated ability to work safely
- PLC(Siemens preferred not required) ladder and block programming & troubleshooting experience
- Communication protocol's: Profinet, Profibus, Ethernet IP, Modbus experience
- AC/DC Drive commissioning, troubleshooting, & repair experienceOpen & closed loop control system setup, tuning, & troubleshooting experienceRemote I/O installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, & repair experienceHydraulic control systems using servo and proportional valve experience
- Various metering & detection devices such as flow, pressure, proximity, distance, experience
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) such as WonderWare or WinCC experience
- Experience performing preventative and corrective maintenance on industrial automation equipment
- Excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.