Contract position: Senior Microbiologist is needed for a leading chemical manufacturer located near Levittown, PA to join their research and development team on a contract assignment. This person will be responsible to conduct lab work in the areas of disinfection, bio-films, product preservation and good manufacturing practices. Candidates will be PhD level Microbiologist with Industrial Experience in a relevant field. This is great contract opportunity to receive all appropriate training and will have the opportunity to be involved in project discussion meetings. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Scientist
Requirements for the Scientist
- Senior Microbiologist working in a group of 6 personnel (including 2 temps), reporting to Lab Manager
- Focuses on supporting the development of products for the Home and Personal Care, Coatings, Oil and Gas and Industrial markets.
- Conducts lab work in the areas of disinfection, biofilms, product preservation and good manufacturing practices
- Routine microbiological activities including preparation of standard microbiological cultures
- Gather facts and understand the aim of projects, make recommendations and put together work plans
- Provide guidance and support to more junior personnel
- PhD level Microbiologist with Industrial Experience in a relevant field
- Experience in the areas of industrial microbiology, biofilms, disinfection, product preservation
- Experience working in a research/laboratory environment
- Strong interest in applied research at the boundaries of microbiology and chemistry
- Experience developing and supporting others, or supervisory experience an advantage
- Full Contractor Benefits options
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.