Permanent position: A manufacturer of fabricated architectural metalwork products in the Niagara Falls, NY area is seeking Estimating and AutoCAD specialists for immediate openings. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, construction plan reading, AutoCAD and experience in estimating quantities of expansion joints. Must live within a commutable distance to the Niagara Falls, NY area, or move self to the area without relocation assistance. Salary - $50,000.Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- 3D modeling (CAD, Autodesk iLogic) and Finite Element Analysis (F.E.A.) testing
- Communicate between core teams, 3rd party structural engineering firms, architects, contractors, and material manufacturers for optimized final products.
- Cost Benefit Analysis and Material Analysis including deciphering blue prints in order to estimate the quantity of expansion joints need for the material take-offs.
- BS Degree preferred. (AS with specific experience will be highly considered)
- 1-2+ years experience reading commercial blue-prints and estimating for commercial construction
- Candidates must have: strong plan reading, mechanical aptitude and takeoff skills, construction related degree or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and AutoCAD.
- Company sponsored benefits, 401k, paid time off / holidays, will be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.