Contract position: Our client in Irvine, a large medical device company is looking for a Sr Engineer who will will support the Critical Care Mechanical team working on new product designs, technology development and sustaining of core product lines with an emphasis on hands on new product development. Responsibilities for the R&D Engineer
Requirements for the R&D Engineer
- Support the development of critical care devices or subsystems thereof from concept to commercial launch
- Apply engineering principles to the design of electro mechanical medical devices, effectively use tests and simulations to expedite development in a fast paced environment
- Design, prototype and test components of medical devices, develop new test methods to evaluate devices .Work with internal and external resources to contribute to the design and development, testing and release of electromechanical components used in medical device systems
- Write design verification and validation protocols and reports in accordance with quality procedures assuming full ownership as the Study Director
- Provide solutions to the technical aspects of product design and development as well as the translation of marketing requirements into product specifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience (Master's or PhD degree lessens the experience required for the position)
- Must have good 3D CAD skills in SolidWorks
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve engineering problems, through testing, analysis, simulation (FEA, CFD) modeling etc.
- Working knowledge of basic statistics and six-sigma principles
- Pluses!! Previous mechanical design experience with disposable devices, capital equipment, and/or sensors (pressure, flow, optical).Proficiency in mechanical design, tolerance stack-up analysis, design for Manufacturability (DFM), and specification development
- Great Contractor benefits!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.