Permanent position: Electrical Engineer for a leading generation and transmission electric utility located near Flemingsburg, KY. This role is responsible to perform electrical services for the capital improvement and maintenance of the transmission and/or generation assets of the plant. To be considered - Bachelor's degree in Engineering and at least three (3) years of electrical engineering experience preferably within a power plant or utility environment. This is a direct hire opportunity and relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Perform engineering services for the capital improvement and maintenance of the transmission and/or generation assets
- Prepares construction specifications and contracts.
- Assists in designing plant improvements in accordance with prudent engineering practices.
- Assists in the preparation of equipment and construction specifications.
- Assists with planning, testing, collecting, and evaluating of data on Plant performance
- Assists in the development and review of equipment specifications, reviews work orders
- Provide electrical engineering plant support on the related: switchgears, motor control centers, instrument and controls (programmable logic, Modbus/Dataplus, boiler and Turbine Controls), electronic relays, generation protection and integration of relays with main field buses and various system controls, and all related equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited school
- Experience in the area of electrical engineering in a Power Plant/Utility environment
- Experience with switchgear, motor control centers, instrument and controls (programmable logic, Modbus/Dataplus, boiler and turbine controls), electronic relays, generation protection and integration of relays with main field buses and Bailey Controls preferred.
- Ability to perform Plant design functions and utilize computer methods
- AutoCAD experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.