Contract position: Global leader in the medical product manufacturing industry is currently looking for a Principal Engineer in Round Lake IL. This role leads technical team members in the application of systems engineering and reliability engineering principles, methods, and techniques to bring new features to a medical device platform. This is a contract position expected to last 12 months, possible extension, possible temp to perm. Currently we are only looking for local candidates. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Principal Engineer
Requirements for the Principal Engineer
- Design, develop and implement product design for reliability plans
- Lead the planning, development and execution of reliability analysis and testing of new features (HW and SW) incorporated into an existing medical device platform
- Provide oversight and guidance to the development, documentation and execution of reliability verification.
- Ensure appropriate trace-ability between system, subsystem, verification/validation and cross functional deliverables.
- Manage the integration of deliverables from subsystem teams, cross functional teams (design, risk management, compliance, etc.) and external partners.
- Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions (Engineering, Risk Management, Compliance, Reliability, Clinical, Human Factors, Regulatory)
- Collaborate with cross-functional resources (e.g. systems, hardware, Service, Mfg, Quality, etc.) involved in Reliability process activities.
- BS in Engineering
- 6-8 years' experience in electromechanical disciplines and design principles for Medical Devices
- Test design, planning, execution, analysis and report writing; experience in designing or executing Accelerated Life Testing and/or Reliability Demonstration Testing
- Familiarity with Mechanical and Electronic test fixture use/development and familiarity with mainstream data-logging equipment (e.g., NI Systems, Labview, etc.)
- Requires strong systems engineering and critical thinking experience and ability.
- Design For Reliability planning and management, establishing Reliability Requirements & Goals.
- Reliability Prediction using Parts count & Parts stress method. Good understanding on standards like MIL-HDBK-217/ Telcordia and NPRD 95
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.