Contract position: Nationwide manufacturer of on-site power generation systems is looking for an experience field service technicians in the San Jose, CA area This is an 18 month long contract that will go permanent thereafter. We have different levels of FST available.Responsibilities for the Field Service Technician
Requirements for the Field Service Technician
- (Preventative) maintenance on power generation systems.
- Trouble shooting and resolving of escalating problems.
- Systems inspections and documentation.
- Minimal HS diploma or Technical diploma.
- Strong El/Mech trouble shooting and repair skills.
- Understanding of mechanical, control, fluids and electrical systems: piping, plumbing, valve operation, 3 phase systems, UPS back up power, electrical generation, power electronics.
- Willing to travel during the day, valid drivers license.
- Familiar with fluid dynamics for the senior FST.
- Experience with performing equipment maintenance in accordance with ANSI/NETA standard for Electrical Power.
- Strong Electro-Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/repair skills to include understanding of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing and valve operation.
- Contractor benefits.
- Position will go permament after 18 months.
- Pay starts when you get into the van to drive to customer's location, company vehicle.
- 6 paid holidays and 5 PTO days.
- Generous overtime.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.