Contract position: An Automotive Electrical Harness Engineer is needed for a global power leader in the Milpitas, CA or Dixon, CA area. This position will ensure proper integration of electrical components in EV/HEV applications. No per diem available. Some travel is anticipated. 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.Responsibilities for the Automotive Engineer
Requirements for the Automotive Engineer
- Generate harness layout, wire list and Bill Of Material for use in sourcing and production/fabrication. Check and submit production drawings to document control.
- Support fabrication and installation of wire harness in vehicles. Work with other engineering departments to provide information and documentation of electrical systems.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have experience in an automotive field. Must have strong experience in installation/routing and proper securing of wire harnesses in vehicles.
- Experience in wire harness design and fabrication from Concept to Volume Production. Must be experienced with electrical schematic creation software (e.g.: Visio, Solidworks Electrical, Harnware, etc).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.