Permanent position: Purchasing Manager at a highly regarded Electrical manufacturing facility located just East of St. Louis, MO. This position is responsible to lead and mentor the purchasing department by developing policies, procedures, objectives, goals, and conducting training. We are seeking someone with at least three (3) years of Purchasing management experience. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a buyer, commodity manager or materials manager within a manufacturing environment. Position is a direct hire opportunity with relocation assistance available. This position has excellent growth and development potential. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Purchasing Manager
Requirements for the Purchasing Manager
- Responsible to manage a team of Buyers and Material planners
- Manage supply base to meet corporate objectives to minimize risk, reduce cost, and eliminate waste
- Recommend and maintain supplier relationships to meet corporate objectives.
- Assists in developing purchasing plans and programs to implement corporate policies and objectives.
- Provides support to Purchasing staff in all conflicts or questions regarding prices, deliveries, quality, and specifications.
- Develops and manages an ongoing training process for all Purchasing personnel
- Assists with supplier negotiations
- Furnishes spend analysis and cost data for use in scheduling, planning, and budgeting
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or other related field
- Must have at least three (3) years experience managing or supervising a purchasing department within a manufacturing environment
- Must have contract negotiation experience with suppliers
- Excel proficiency and MRP experience
- APICS or CPM certification desired
- Full benefits package
- Excellent growth and development potential
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.