Permanent position: Electrical commercial contractor has IMMEDIATE openings for electrical design engineers of varying experience. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in teams on large projects designing and simplifying electrical construction systems for power distribution, power generation, instrumentation, lighting and low voltage systems. This company is looking to build out their electrical design team. Some positions will require travel, so please indicate whether or not you would be willing to travel.Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Serve as an engineering lead on large projects as an electrical design engineer
- Oversee all work done by design team to ensure value engineering concepts are met and that designs can be installed with minimal difficulty
- Check construction installation details and documentation for field employees
- Work with project managers and superintendents to develop designs that assure easy installation
- BS in Engineering, preference is in electrical or instrumentation engineering.
- 4+ years of professional experience using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP and Revit
- Knowledge of code, drafting techniques, electrical construction design, and installation methods for all design phases
- Recognize and understand all trades of construction with regard to the electrical component of the project
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- 401K with up to a 4% match
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.