Contract position: A Quality Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Corning, NY area. This position will provide technical support to manufacturing, quality and engineering departments by maintaining and developing inspection processes, testing products, and recording and analyzing data during product development and manufacturing. No per diem is available. Less than 10% travel is anticipated. 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Responsibilities for the Quality Technician
Requirements for the Quality Technician
- Support Quality Engineering on implementing and maintaining Quality systems to meet the requirements of production, ISO 9001.
- Support Quality Engineering in the root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Monitor and report CTQ's performance in the processes (i.e. SPC). Support statistical analysis to engineering and production as related to quality issues.
- Associate's degree in CAD, Mechanical Technology, or Welding Technology with at least 1 year of welding and metal fabrication experience.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings. Must have solid MS Excel and MS Word experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.